Thursday, July 17, 2014

Farewell to Nova Scotia!

Well we're off. Just left home and sitting in the airport awaiting the first leg of the trip. Ya know it's just good to be past the point of no return and the journey begins! It's always hard to leave home especially so long. Even the cat was sad to see me go.

The cat's sad face
The cats happy face
Trust me she really cares!


Zach came over to see me off...my daughter Alex is there in spirit and we are skype messaging at the Airport. I would have added a picture of Annette but she does not like her picture! It caught her bad side apparently ..as if there is one!  I will get one from her brother Sandy's wedding tomorrow. I am going to miss my bud Sandy getting married which is a bummer but I will be there in spirit. I was able to hang around long enough to have "the talk" with him last night so my work is done!  :-o
Me and the boy!

I hate long farewells and am going to miss Annette so I had to tell her I was "going to Yemen" to make it short and sweet!

Anyway looks like the flight is on time and it sounds like the weather is clearing up in Manila. I know some of my compadres had some longer waits today to get in but I think things are getting back to normal from the storm.



Dork Alert! 

I managed to pack under the weight limits and get my 2 bags checked in at 40 and 34 lbs! Hooray for me.  Gold star.  I will be dropping stuff off in The Philippines so should be plenty of space for some shopping.

Just gotta get through the Toronto to Taipei leg of the trip. 14 Hours and 45 minutes in a middle seat. I am hoping it won't be between 2 sumo wrestlers but that could work .... just like 2 big pillows!

Anyway the destination gets closer. 

#ibmcsc philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment